Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tulie Bakery

Tulie is rapidly becoming my favorite bakery. Their pastries, tarts, bread, sandwiches, granola and cake, (oh my their cake) are so simply exquisite. And you can taste the quality and care in every bite. They are serious about their ingredients, and they also try to source as locally as possible, and the result is perfection.

I have been to Tulie several times (not nearly as much as I would like) but on this trip I had their Pain au Chocolate (or chocolate stuffed croissant) and it was everything and more that a great croissant should be, flaky, buttery, moist and dripping with gorgeous, gorgeous chocolate. Ask them warm it for you, you will thank me. I then moved on to the Croque Monsieur (aka the best ham and cheese sandwich you will ever wrap your lips around) it was perfect, from the beautifully crusty bread to the Gran Biscotto ham and the gruyere, well it was the molten goodness that sealed it all together. I topped it all off with a caramel macaroon and just like everything else it was heaven.

The service & ambiance there are as they say, the icing on the cake. The service is friendly and quick and the ambiance, well you just won't want to leave. And speaking of leaving, just as I was about to I decided to purchase the German chocolate cake (the cake in the top right photo) in their case for a dinner I was having that night, and seriously it was one the best things I have ever eaten (and that is saying something.) The cake is dense yet light, the frosting beautifully flavored not to much butter not to much sugar just the perfect ratio of each ingredient, and then there was the coconut pecan goodness that goes on the top, it left me speechless.

Check out Tulie Bakery here, and get there as fast as you can. And don't forget to enter our giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. if it tastes half as good as it looks, then i'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared would go nuts for that brioche french toast. Next time I'm in Utah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is beautiful Meikel! I love reading all your reviews and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete