Monday, February 6, 2012

How was your weekend?

We really did. Started it off Friday night with dinner at Communal which I will post about later in the week. Couldn't get enough of Communal so we went back Saturday morning for their incredible brunch. It is absolutely the best way to spend a Saturday morning.
At the risk of sounding bossy, start your meal with their their house made coco. Just walk in and order it. Then while sipping this marvelous chocolate which is neither too sweet or too chocolatey it is just the perfect balance, you can ponder whether to just try a few things or just order the whole damn menu. As ridiculous as this sounds once you read it you will take it into serious consideration.

Naturally we started with bacon. Turns out great bacon perfectly cooked is the perfect amuse bouche (or several bouches or amuses not sure which as I don't speak french) to brunch, and turns out my son is totally in love with it (as I am a recovering vegetarian I still don't keep the stuff around the house.) And what better place to introduce him to America's favorite meat.

We rounded out the meal with their Huevos Rancheros, which was light and lovely and the egg was perfect. And the baked Clifford Farms eggs with tomato & chorizo, my personal favorite. It is everything you need, just the right amount of spice from the chorizo (you know the kind that leaves your lips lightly burning in a good way.) The tomato adds tang and sweetness, and the egg oh those eggs, golden molten goodness.

Now the thing not to miss here, is their The Best Biscuit You’ve Ever Had with Butter & Jam. I was going on and on about this biscuit to my friend, and he looked at me and said "how good can a biscuit be?" My answer? Crazy, ridiculously life changing good. Okay, maybe not life changing but, seriously a bit of baking perfection that will leave you feeling better about life. My only complaint about my brunch experience, the 8 a.m. call confirming my reservation. Guys, I know reservations are in high demand, but 8 a.m. on a Saturday? Really? No need for those, your food is good enough I will never miss a reservation.

Later that evening . . .
We went to see the BYU Men's Volleyball take on Stanford. The game was so much fun. Volleyball is the greatest sport. Seriously it is a great date, a great family outing and wonderfully cheap. $5 bucks folks (and you can if you wish upgrade.) We are going to get ourselves season tickets.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't get any better than some good biscuits and volleyball.

    ReplyDelete