Thursday, February 9, 2012

Communal

I love eating here. The restaurant is beautiful, the music great (like really great.) And the food, well, the food is excellent. I am not exaggerating when I say that everything on the menu is great, nor am I exaggerating when I say I have eaten everything on the menu (and in the last month no less, it has been a really great month.)

My favorites on the first course Citrus & Avocado Salad, with Frisee and Green Olives Mushroom Ragu on Polenta, oh my goodness that polenta, incredible! Tomato Jam, Mushroom & Ricotta Crostini, I am now a bit obsessed with tomato jam.

The main course standouts, Hangar Steak with Blue Cheese Butter, that blue cheese butter and a perfectly cooked steak, heaven. Now, the Roasted Chicken in Natural Juices, let me just preface this by saying that a really well roasted chicken is one of my all time favorite meals. Each time I went, (and I got a quarter chicken each time, because it is that good.) my dining companions commented that they never really bother to order chicken when they go out, particularly to places like Communal who so expertly prepare steak and pork. And I would have to agree with them, but honestly Communals roast chicken is some of the best I have ever had. Tender and perfectly seasoned (well, I always add a bit of salt, but other than that seasoned perfection.) and the house fries or their mashed potatoes are the perfect compliment. The other sides not to miss (really, it's all of them but if you must choose) the aforementioned house fries and mashed potatoes. The Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts are so very good and the Butternut Squash Gratin. 

As you will be having dessert (and you would be a fool to miss it) Get the bread pudding, it reminds me of the most decadent and delicious french toast and with the perfect topping vanilla creme anglaise. Don't miss the Vanilla Pot De Creme or the Affogato.

1 comment:

  1. Loving this blog :) It's such a great idea!
    You guys should spotlight "The Sweet Tooth Fairy" over by University Mall Cinermark. It's right across from Five Guys.
    Went there today, and it is soo yummy (cake bites especially!) and such a cute little shop.

    ReplyDelete