Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nielsen's Frozen Custard

My husband is always making fun of me for liking old people desserts (I like a lot of things with malt, caramel, peanuts, etc.) and this is where it all started. Whenever we go to Nielsen's I without fail order a single chocolate with almond's on top. And without fail my sweet husband makes fun of my choice. Would you like me to get your walker, your teeth, where were you when Lincoln was shot. Yes he is quite the comedian.

But all geriatric hilarity aside, their chocolate custard with their salted almonds is probably my favorite dessert.  Their custard is the creamiest cold confection, and the salt and crunch of the almonds, heaven. 

They also have great burgers, super juicy ones with grilled onions, pickles, ketchup the works all on a pillowy flour topped bun. It is a mystery to me why anyone visits a fast food chain, when there are burgers and fries this good available (and in a drive thru no less) and it's all fresh and made with care.

Not to be missed, anything involving their custard particularly Nielsen's concretes the shakes that make all other shakes feel completely inferior. Available in pretty much every flavor. They also have sundaes and floats. So get to your nearest Nielsen's and party like it's 1952. And just like 1952, they don't accept any cards. Cash only, annoying but totally worth it.

Nielsen's Bountiful
Nielsen's Salt Lake
Nielsen's St. George

6 comments:

  1. Yesssssssss! This speaks to me! Love me some frozen custard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally unaware that Nielsen's serves food. We just get our concretes and go. You should try caramel with cashews. Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why anyone would bother with their "food" because it is their custard that is to die for!
    Chocolate Malted Almond is the best---either as custard flavor or as a "Concrete"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog (actually your old blog). and I love both!

    Thanks for sharing your photography talent with the world. You're inspiring.

    ReplyDelete