Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chunga's

Holes in the wall always have the greatest food don't they? This one is no exception. In fact in may be one of the very best. I knew it would be pretty good as a friend had recommended Chunga's to me, but I got really excited when I walked in and saw two abuelitas hand-making tortillas (and for those of you who don't habla espanol, that's grandmothers in Spanish.)

The food did not disappoint, the tacos al pastor were some of the best tacos I have ever had. With, of course the best tortillas. Their rice and beans were so good, and the chips and salsa (chipotle & pico.) The service was incredible, they were so nice, the food came out so quick and she checked back with me often to see if I need more of anything.

I will be finding several excuses to make my way to Salt Lake just so I can stop by Chunga's.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, this blog is not going to be good for my butt or wallet! I must try this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is awesome! Their tortillas are to die for. You need to tell me next time you're up here and we'll go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to go to the Chunga's here in Provo, but it looks like it is closed down now! Devastating. But it looks like I'll still have a change to get some Chunga goodness in Salt Lake! I love your food photography, and love hearing about other places in Utah Valley. If you're interested to read more about some other Utah Valley restaurants, you should check out my site: www.eatbyu.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I love Chunga's! My husband served his mission in Merida, Mexico and says that Chunga's al pastor meat is the most authentic he's been able to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent content. I will be returning to your website for more soon.

    volleyball

    ReplyDelete