Friday, February 17, 2012

Boots to the Moon

Last night I ran to Velour to pick up some tickets for an upcoming show (Imagine Dragons, check them out... please). It was supposed to be quick, I had a pretty draining day and I wanted to get home. With tickets in hand I glanced at the list of performers that night. I saw that Boots to the Moon was about to go on, and quickly handed more money to Corey. Boots to the Moon is a one-man act by a friend of mine from high school. Joscef Castor is a brilliant example of the creativity and beauty that exists here in Utah. I don't pretend to be a music critic, but his lyrics and music are lovely, and his ability to let go on stage and give an authentic performance is inspiring.

As I stood a few feet from the stage, I saw him interacting with the crowd, and was reminded why I love Velour. It is a beautiful venue with an intimate setting that has given me some really great memories. The shows there are just good. They really are. If you want to see for yourself, here are the shows that are happening this weekend:

Friday: Beau Stephenson, Maddie Penrose, Ben Bailey, Lindsey Stirling
Saturday: The Old World, The Trappers, Folka Dots, I Hate You Just Kidding


Doors open at 8pm, and ticket prices range from $5 - $12, depending on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment